Learning one class at a time

Getting a degree one class at a time, slow and steady is the path to take.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Courageous

So I am back again today because I have another thing I feel I am meant to put out there.

The other day I am driving to work in my car and I hear on the radio a song called courageous. It just hits me hard how powerful that one word can be.

I feel that we as Christians are called to be courageous. Everyday of our life we have to walk with courage. The reason I feel this way is because while we may live in this world we are not of this world. Because we love God and follow Him we cannot love the world. It takes courage to live in a world that we cannot love. We are to stand out from non christian people and let our light shine for God.

This can be hard to do. Especially when there are some people and churches out there that really blur that line between loving God and loving the world. I believe that we are to reach out to those who love the world and not God. But I also believe that we are to stand out in this world and the people who love this world are to be interested in what makes us different from them even though we don't love the world.

1John 2:15 (on not loving the world) Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.


That verse is strong and sometimes probably not what people want to hear. I just pray that the Christians in the world can start to be courageous and start loving God instead of the world. It is OK to be different and to stand out in a crowd because you are not willing to do what the world thinks you should do. I know this in my own life to be true. I was that teenager that never drank, smoked or did drugs. The funny thing was I had friends that did all of that and I would go with them to parties and if someone new was at the party and would offer me any of those things all of my friends would say not Anna she doesn't do that. You would be surprised how much respect I got from my peers for saying no. I didn't say no because I thought I was better than them I said no because I knew that was not what God wanted me to do. Now don't get me wrong I made mistakes that it for sure. I just wanted to give and example of how you can be in the world but on of it. Love all people and show them God's love. Just don't think you have to do what everyone else is doing in order for you to witness to them about God.

No comments:

Post a Comment