Learning one class at a time

Getting a degree one class at a time, slow and steady is the path to take.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What has been going on these past six weeks.

Well writing a blog can be good for some and stressful for others. But when I am given topics every week from my instructor on what to write it kind of makes it easier. But this weeks topic is kind of a harder one for me to write. There has been a lot that has been going on for me these past six weeks. I am not sure how much I may or may not reveal, but you never know because once I start typing in here it just all seems to pour out.

Well many of you know about six weeks ago was also the start to the holiday season and that in itself can be very stressful. But for me this year it has been extremely stressful. I have been unemployed since March of this year and living on just my unemployment. I am also a single mom with a teenage boy and all the fun and challenges it brings with it. Plus I have three older children. One who is married and live in Washington with her husband. Who I miss very much and the other two live with me part time and their dad the other time. I have also been doing my fourth term at school and for some reason I thought I could handle three classes. I don't know what I was thinking this three class schedule is crazy. I did however this past week get a job so that has been a great blessing in my life.

I am however still very stressed. I think my biggest stress is the fact that this is the first time in my 20 plus years of being a parent that I am not able to give my kids a single thing for Christmas and I am not even sure if I can make them a Christmas meal. It is frustrating sometimes being a single mom with little to no income, but I know I will get through this and I have really great kids and they are just excited that we will be able to play games and spend time together.

So that is what I have going on in my life these last six weeks. I almost put six months. I guess that is a sign of what I am going through. It may have only been six weeks that I am going through some of this stuff but it feels a lot longer.

The best thing I have going for me is the fact that I know that all this is only temporary and that I have bigger and better things ahead of me. I just have to keep my mind on that and all will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment