Learning one class at a time

Getting a degree one class at a time, slow and steady is the path to take.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Peer reviews are they good or are they bad.

Well here I am in week 7 of my 10 week term and I am working like crazy. This term has been my hardest term by far. I am taking three classes and now on top of it all I got a job. So I have to find a way to make my schedule work to do school, work, and still be a mom and friend. It really has been a crazy couple of weeks. But here I go again going completely off topic of my title. I need to stop doing that too.

So in my composition class we are writing an essay and this week we are having our peers read what we have written in a rough draft so far and then they tell us what they think of our paper and where we could make improvements. Now when you are first told you are going to having your peers review what you have done that can be a little intimidating but really in the long run it is a good thing.

I have noticed that when I am writing a paper I am so focused on what I am doing I can sometimes miss the little things that would make it even better. Also having your peers review your paper instead of a family member is good too because sometimes family members want to spare your feelings so they will tell you how great it is and not tell you what you need to improve. Where peers are neuteral and they will tell you honestly if it is good or needs improvement.

I am glad about that because this paper, although I like the topic, I am having a real hard time writing or finding research on it. I am sure I will do just fine in the long run but gettin a few more eyes on it to let me know where I could improve and where it is just right never hurts anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment